Feb 6, 2010

Ichi... Ni... ... ... Hachi~

Title:
Hachiko - A Dog's Story

Rate:
4.5/5

Comments:
The movie is based on a true story from Japan but set in the US. The movie is about a dog named Hachiko and its life. Most of the focus is about how Hachiko waited every afternoon at the train station for his owner. Unfortunately, his owner died suddenly on a particular day. But Hachiko didn't understand that his master was gone (or maybe he can't accept the fact that his owner is gone forever). So for a decade, until he also died, he lived as a stray so he could come to the station at the same time with the same mission.... To wait...

I personally feels that this is really a very emotional film. Although the storyline may be too simple, but it is really a good film that touches the heart of the majority. There is this scene which is about a Japanese (a friend of Hachiko's owner) talking to Hachiko after his owner passed away. The conversation is about - "Hachiko! prof XXXX is not coming back. But if you feel like waiting for him, you can continue to wait. You must live long and be strong." From this scene onwards, I just couldn't control my tears any longer, and I just let it flow till the whole movie ends. Actually, at different part of the movie, you will notice that most people in the theare are very "busy". You will hear the sounds of weeping, sneezing of nose (not that loud lah huh!), people searching and drawing tissues from the packets. Highly recommended!




BTW, I actually cried two times on the same day. Before the movie, I am watching 武侠梁祝 through MioTV. This movie is not that great, but it is very hard not to cry when you come across storyline that is related to 梁祝.

Hmmm.... OK lah! I'm just another CRY BABY.