May 18, 2010

wetoriya I - The down side

Something came across my mind after hearing the phrase "wetoriya wetoriya daradiridaradu...."


Hmmm... Will I become a loner if I planned to stay single for the rest of my life? Is staying single actually a blessing or a pain? I'm born to be lonely (only child), not having the "privilege" to fight over stuff or quarrel with one another as and when when "needed". So if I remain single, I have no brothers or sister to take care of me when I’m in troubles lor. Would there be a day that I was only found dead after 10 years of my death? Anyway, set asides the death matters, I will also have to cook, clean, pay the bills and do almost everything by myself. Therefore, it somehow costs more to live alone. I have to pay the home loan and bills without any “financial assistance”.

I know we somehow still have friends to depend on. But who knows what will happen in the future? Close friends will eventually get married, or might meet new friends at different stage of their life. And eventually, the time spent together will be lesser.... lesser.... and.... or even reach a state such as - "Aiya! My friend changed number liao... and I don't know siah!"


Moreover, I think our country is sort of “against” the idea of being single. Singles don't get the extra benefits in housing and income tax. If you remain single the income tax you have to pay is somehow higher (because of the reduced in benefits).

I personally feel that the VERY DOWN feeling will surface when I’m struggling with big problem such as suffering from an illness, or going through my own “financial crisis”.

Can't believe it.... why am I having this kind of emo thinking?.... rrrrrrr......