On monday evening, I was checking my balance through the P**B atm machine. Since there is no queue, I am puzzled by what other services the atm machine offered. *Ding* Internet Banking... Wuu~ Since I do not have a IBanking account with P**B, so I might as well just sign up the IB service straight away. To my surprise!!! I can't register for this service, because according to the ATM, i already have an IB account with P**B. I swear! I don't even know my login ID, password, that piece of secure device, or don't even aware that I have registered for this service before. So, on that very night, i decided to login with the username that the ATM provided me with, and the login pin which I have reset.
Guess what? The site prompt me "Please call blaa blaa blaa or visit our nearest branch to request for the IB secure device". Since it is a weekend, and I'm rather lazy to get out of my house the very next day, I decided to give the customer helpline a call.
Automated machine: For English, please press 1....... press.............. press.............. press.......... you will be served in 7 minute....
Andrew (POSB call centre operator): Good evening Mr. Wong! Thank you for calling our helpline, this is andrew and how may I assist you.
momo: *Err, how come he knows who I am, I have not told him who am I, and I did not press my 7 digit NRIC* Hi! I would like to request for the Internet Banking secure device.
Andrew: Oh Mr. Wong, may I know why do you want to request for the device?
momo: *what a wierd question* what do you mean?
Andrew: Have you lost your device? Or is the device being damage?
momo: Oh! nononono! I have not been issued with any of this IBanking device before, and that why I called in to request for one.
Andrew: However, according to our records... You have already been issued with the secure device.
momo: What?! when was that issued to me? I'm trying to login to the Ibanking page, and it prompts me to call this helpline to request for the secure device. And now you told me the device has already been issued to me?
Andrew: Err... Mr. Wong, the device was issued to you three years ago... In year 2007. and if you have lost this device, you would have to pay an anmount of $40 for the replacement fee.
momo: *FUMED! this device didn't even reached me, still want me to pay $40* HUH?!!!! three years ago? This device didn't even reach my residential address! And for the whole of 3 years I didn't even know I have an Ibanking account until this evening. And now you are telling me that I need to pay $40 because I didn't even receive this SECURE DEVICE?!
Andrew: Erm.... Mr. Wong, have you shifted your house before. Perhaps it could be sent to your previous address.
momo: No! I did not shift my house during that year. And I have been staying in my current address since year 2006.
Andrew: Mr. Wong, is it possible for you to give me your address for verification?
momo: Ang Mo Kio avenue 4........
Andrew: Yes. Mr. Wong, this is the address we have sent the device to....
momo: and obviously this device did not reach me at all!
Andrew: So sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Wong, we will help you to waived off the replacement fee and will help you to process and mail the secure device immediately.
momo: Thanks alot! wait.... hmmm... how long is the processing going to take?
Andrew: It will roughly be around 2 weeks.
Momo: 2 Weeks?!
Andrew: Mr. Wong, is it very urgent? My advice is that you can visit any of our branch to get the Ibanking device.
Momo: Oh! so any of the branch will do is it?
Andrew: Yes Mr. Wong, any of our branch except for blaa blaa blaa
Momo: Alright, I shall just drop by at any of the branch in case the device did not reach me again.