Feb 17, 2011

The "Dae Han Min Guhk" Day

NOON - Lunch
The team and I were having lunch at the nearby koptiam today. Instead of heading to the vegetarian stall, i decided to patronise the Korean Cuisine instead. (Becoz the vegetarian food is really really blend~) Well, I made the right decision! I was amazed from the moment I "scan" through their menu. Kimchi Ramen, Kimchi Rice Set, Korean Rice Cake, and other dishes which I cant "touch". I ordered the Ramen, because the rice set $2 more than the Ramen. Hmmmm... but somehow i think i will confirm try it one lah. LOL!

Mr. Stall vendor (son): *smiled and look at me, waiting for my order*
momo: one kimchi ramen =)
Mr. Stall vendor: Kim Chi Ra Myeon (the correct pronunciation in korean)~ *he den speaks to his mother some other things in Korean*
momo: *os: Wah! Korean Leh*
Mr. Stall vendor: *prepare kimchi and korean cuisine utensils for me*

I then observed the rice cooker, which is rather near to where i stand. WAH AGAN! The rice cooker is machiam like those that i saw in Korean variety or drama lor. They create a loud steaming sound while the steam "shoot out" from the hole. My house's rice cooker doesn't create that kind of effect lor~ I'm so stunt. I really must try their rice someday! Guess what?! they also have customers that are Korean nationals. They are communicating in Korean, and at that moment I thought i was like watching variety show. Ahahahaha! And i got the urge to rush home to watch too! Oh! And I have yet to share with you on the food hor? I can tell you! The Kimchi is really nice! Is so Kimchi!!!!! think is really those authentic de Kimchi taste. AN AUTHENTIC KOREAN FOOD STALL IN A KOPITIAM LEH! *clap clap!*


(Sorry! Forgotten to take a photo of the food. But! I think taking a photo of the food stall, rice cooker, utensils, etc is much more interesting than the Ramen. becoz Ramen look like instand noodles. But!!!! my ramen increased the cravings of my other team mates. Some interested in the kimchi, and others have the urge to go home and cook themselves instant noodles for dinner LOL!)

LATE EVENING - Dinner
Met up with my friends for dinner, gossiping, and laughing session at Bugis area. We know where we are heading for - that vegetarian stall which my friend always wanted to intro me, but our available time slots always clash. They served a variety of food, and it claims that the ingredients they used are ORGANIC. Erm.... I dun really care about that organic kind of thing. After flipping through the menu, I know what I should order liao - Korean Bibimbap (though it is rather expensive). What I find the most funniest part is that, of all the dishes that they offered, only Korean Bibimbap is written in English and the rest are all in Chinese. HA! AND..... I MADE THE CORRECT DECISION AGAIN! the vegetarian Bibimbap is nice!!!! can even hear the sizzling sound for ard 5min plus! what i find something missing is raw egg (original bibimbap got raw egg one), but no choice lor, as they are a vegetarian eatery outlet that do not use egg products. This is actually the first time i tried bibimbap leh~ the ending few spoonful of rice is the best!!! Those rice that have been touching the hot bowl, making it turn golden brown and crispy. WOOT!



NIGHT NOT THAT YOUNG - Dessert

Initially, we planned to go ah qiu for dessert. But we got attracted to this newly open yogurt house at Liang Seah St - Swirl Art. Each of us get ourselves different flavors. Hmmm... and i prefer the pineapple, orange (these two flavors are newly introduced during CNY period) and green apple. Felt so sinful.

Eat, Eat and Eat!!! and i forgotten when was the last time i actually exercise~ Cham! Anyway, even though the frozen yogurt was invented by the Ang Mohs, it was said that the Frozen Yogurt somehow got it popularity in south korea, and the fame was then spread over the world.
(Wiki Sources: "Many frozen yogurt aficionados suggest that "Pinkberry" itself is a copycat of South Korean frozen yogurt giant Red Mango, which recently entered the United States with locations in Chicago, Westwood Village, Venice, Northridge, Irvine, San Diego, Palo Alto, Las Vegas, Seattle, Evanston, and New York City. It is also considered a copycat of Iceberry that originated in Korea years before Pinkberry was created, with flavors such as Original, pomegranate, Coconut, Chocolate, Passionfruit and green tea").



IMHO, i believe it is becoz the koreans know how to come out with new flavours and also use the Toppings well. On the other hand, the ang mohs only know how to sell the original flavour of Frozen yoghurt or copy cat? Hmmm.... Should be lah! Asians are much better in business. Look at what the ang mohs have done to the economy. Debts! Debts and more Debts only!


LATE NIGHT - "Surprise" Package

The clothes that I have ordered arrived from Korea (Banghwa Dong) liao!!! Wuhhuuuuu! Never expect the clothes to arrive so fast. New clothes to wear to office~ hurhurhur! what a "KDAY"! not forgetting all the kpop mp3 that I have been playing the whole day. =)




Dae Han Min Guhk!!!