This is what we had received after the nomination day, and this little white slip means a chance for you to "speak up" for yourself in the next five years. Besides the NRIC, I think this is also a good way to remind ourselves that "OH! I'm still in Singapore?! I thought this is a foreign land..."
![]() | ![]() |
For the past few days, most of our topics (be it among friends or colleagues) revolve around the rallies, that candidates, the rally videos, spoof videos/pictures, etc. I'm pretty sad for not able to participate in any of the rallies, but I'm still glad that I'm able to vote!!!
Anyway, I've made my vote this early noon. Initially, my mom decided that we should go early in the morning to cast our votes. But then, I suggested that we should not go down so early, because I heard a lot of people that they should go early in the morning, else there will be a crowd by the noon. Since most people are going in the morning, doesnt that mean Morning will have a bigger crowd instead? And my points is certainly correct, based on what my mom noticed from the polling "centre" directly under my void deck. Oh! and i have something to complain regarding to polling centre. Despite having a polling centre directly under my void deck, I'm required to vote in another polling centre which is a few blocks away. I certainly don't understand why do they have to do this to me. HELLO?! i'm just living directly above you!!! are you forcing me to pour water down to cool the damn warm weather??? Well, voters that came to vote at my block also find this situation rather weird and stupiak.
This noon, on our way to cast our votes, an auntie and her husband were at the carpark near our block. They asked my mom for directions to the polling centre which was DIRECTLY UNDER MY BLOCK. My mom told told her that they have reached liao, and also complain to them at the same time.
auntie: auntie ah, 请问那个投票的地方在哪里huh?
momo's mom: oh~ neh~ 你到 liao~ 在这边 lor~
auntie: 谢谢你hor
momo's mom: 不用。其实我就住在这座lor,但是我需要跑到另外一边去投票!
auntie: huh?! 这么奇怪的啊!你住楼上还要去到另外一座投啊?!
momo's mom: 就是lor~
Reaching the polling centre, getting the actual voting slip, casting of your own vote,.... the whole process took lesser than 3 minutes for me and my mom. Way too fast liao lor!!!! Buying 4d or Toto, which is about the same process, is even way longer than this. The only diff is that, someone called out your name, that's all. Well, during this "sacred" activity, I felt a bit of butterflies in the stomach though. Firstly, I'm still thinking which box to crossed out (though I have always said there is nothing to think about for my grc lol). Secondly, I'm afraid that i forget to do something (this is my first time hor, so a bit nervous eh!). Lastly, my voting corner is damn near to the walkway where every passer by can see what I do (so I scared got people peep at my vote lor, OUR VOTE IS SECRET!) Anyway, as a typical Singaporean, I always should never forget to do something. To spot any numbers that appeared on the slip itself! LOL!
That's all for now, I'm still waiting for the election results to be announce. To me, this is the most exciting election since our independence (for the people that are of my generations?). Who will be in? and who will be out? And what will happened after 7th May 2011?

