My mom and I were dinning out yesterday night, at one of the nearby hawker. We were waiting for our food to be served. At the same time, a teenager girl and her dad is somewhere near us, so I actually witness the whole incident...
Daughter: *she was waiting for her turn to order food*
Father: *looking around, finding for a good dinning spot*
Daughter: *suddenly walked towards her dad* What's the english name for it?
Father: There's no english term for it.
Daughter: Huh? Just "Char Hor Fun" (Cooked Hor Fun) ?
Father: Yes
Daughter: That's a pretty weird name.
Father: *turned away and sat at the table which is near to us (momo and mom)*
I'm full of OS.... Hello!!! An english name for "Char Hor Fun"?!!! You are in a hawker centre! what do you expect? you want the hawker to label it as...
WAKE UP UR IDEA, LADY!!!! an English term for "char hor fun". You think the hawker will understand what you are ordering? You are now in Singapore, and should order it according to the local's term. weird name? YOU ARE THE WEIRD CUSTOMER!!!