Jan 29, 2010

Aiyo! Scam Delivery Status Email

This is soooooo scary! I almost got scam! I am expecting a delivery but most probably not by DHL. Fortunately if not for my sixth sense, I would have been the next victim. The information stated below is what I have google and read.


"This is purely to let you know that if you receive a DHL email, saying there is a DHL delivery problem, from an email address that isn’t DHL, that has no DHL branding on it, and opens with Hello! rather than using your name, treat it immediately that it’s a scam email. If the email has a file attached that you have to unzip, it’s not just a scam, it is malicious, as it likely has a trojan attached. Do nothing else other than hit shift and delete and take it right out of your computer! This DHL scam email includes a zip file which the email urges me to open..."


This is what I have received!

Title: delivery problem NR 85720.
Date: Wednesday, 27 January, 2010 8:25 PM
From: "DHL Manager Chadwick Pruitt"
To: jam_j_md@yahoo.com.sgMessage

contains attachments1 File (32KB)DHL_label_NR58932.zip

Dear customer!

The courier service was not able to deliver your parcel at your address.
Cause: Mistake in address
You may pickup the parcel at our post office personally.
The delivery advice is attached to this e-mail.
Print this label to get this package at our post office.

Please do not reply to this e-mail, it is an unmonitored mailbox!

Thank you.
DHL Delivery Services.


Heng ah! Lucky I'm a frequent "windows shopper" (Shopaholic that shops "frequently" on the web through our computer's windows LOL) that till now still yet to use DHL. wahahaha!