Nov 1, 2010

Another day in the bank - Part 2

Finally, after around 35 minutes of waiting, I was able to talk to a bank teller.

Priscilla (Bank Teller): Hi, Good afternoon! How may I assist you.
momo: Hi! I would like to request for the IBanking secure device.
Priscilla: No problem, and so do you have an IBanking account with us?
momo: Erm... actually I'm unsure too. A few days ago I tried to apply for a IBanking account through the ATM. But, is only on that very day, then I get to know that I already have an Ibanking account with the bank. And when i tried to log in with the username, which i got from the ATM, I then notice that I need a secure device.
Priscilla: Ok, for that, can I have your NRIC please.

(Knowing that I have forgotten to bring my IC out, I took out my 11B instead - luckily I didn't loose it)

momo: Oh... I have actually lost my IC, so is 11B acceptable?

(bank teller took over the 11B, and look at it like some alien objects)

Priscillia: I'm afraid I'm not able to help you. I need to have your NRIC or photo IDs in order to help you better. Perhaps you may want to come another day. *she then give me a very *zuai* looking face.
momo: *fumed!!!* Huh? I thought I have already told you I have lost my NRIC? By the way, that 11B also have my photo and it stated my NRIC number. why can't it be use?
Priscilla: Sir, at the back of the 11B, it stated that this photo ID must be use in conjunction with the NRIC. So I really can't help you without the NRIC.

(She showed me the very bu nai fan expression)

momo: And I have told you I have lost my NRIC, how can I show you my NRIC when I have already lost it? I have the police report with me, is this enough to prove the truthfulness?
Priscilla: Sir, the police report can't prove anything. So we can't be helping anyone with just the police report. As you have said, you have lost your NRIC, therefore It can't prove your identity.
momo: *CCB!!! police report can't prove anything?* So, are you implying that I have a fake police report with me? Do you understand what I am telling you? I have lost my NRIC, and the only photo ID i have left with is my 11B. I know the 11B need to be used with conjunction of the NRIC. And to prove the truthfulness, I have offered to show you the police report that I have made with SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE. But now you said that the police report cant prove anything? Huh?!
Priscilla: Sir, I really can't help you unless I have your NRIC. Our bank policy is that you need to present a photo ID....
momo: so besides NRIC, can passport be used to prove my identity?
Priscilla: Yes sir, passport may be use.
momo: *wah lau! then you should have asked me whether I brought along my passport right?! asked me come another day then imply that the police report may be faked!*alright! and can i check with you do i need to pay for whatever replacement fee in order to get....

(I talked until halfway and i was cut by the bank teller)

Priscilla: Sir, without your NRIC, I can't access the system to check your details, please come another day.
momo: hello! can you please let me finish my sentence before directing me to the exit? I maybe asking some frequently asked question which may not need you to access your system so as to give me an answer!

(her face become damn bu nai fang)

Priscillia: Yes sir, and what is that?
momo: Yesterday I made a call to your call centre, and come staf by the name of Andrew or adrian told me that the secure device has been issued to me 3 years ago! and according to him I need to pay $40 for the replacement fee in order to get device. But i have not received it, and so do i need to pay that replacement fee?
Priscilla: Sir, I have told you that we need to have a photo ID in order to check the system and for your info, the replacement fee is $20. It can't be $40.

(hoho! i found a way to make a fuss so i may not need to go back another day - switched my mode to auntie Jamie for preparation)

momo: Huh? so the call centre staff gave me the wrong info. it is $20 AND NOT THE $40 that he had told me previously?
Priscilla: yes sir, the replacement fee is $20 ALL THE WHILE. If you don't believe i can show you the form. it is stated very clearly on the form.
momo: gosh! wrong info?! and so, if I come again on the next day WITH MY PASSPORT, can i get that device straight away?
Priscilla: Sir the process will take quite some time, and I afraid our call centre staff have gave you the wrong info. You will only receive the device at about two weeks later through postal.

momo: WHAT? another wrong info again? that call centre staff have offered to send the device to me through postal, but he advice me to come to the branch as i can get it straight away. AND NOW, you told me all the info i have got from him are all WRONG INFO?

I am very disappointed with the substandard that your bank provides. When i called in to the customer helpline, your staff didn't even ask me for my IC number or my bank account number for verification, it straight away greeted me and asked what assistance i required. But when i came to the bank personally you very FIRMLY asked me for my NRIC for verification before assisting me. I showed you my 11B and my police report and yet it is not acceptable. WHY?! Why is there such a sub-standard in the bank's verification process? So this whole process is trying to say that, anyone can use a stolen phone to perform any form of transaction without any strict verification?

Priscilla: sir...

momo: *cut into her sentence, just like the way she did it to me* Moreover, instead of giving me advice on what other options I have to prove my identity, you just direct me to the exit again and again, just because I have LOST MY NRIC. You should have asked me if I have brought along my passport? But you didn't! it was until I asked you if passport can be used, you then tell me that passport may also be used. Even if i have tons of ID card that state my NRIC and with my FACE printed on it, it also can't be compared to my LOST NRIC. your staff even give me the wrong info! a replacement fee of $20 became $40, a process of 2weeks became "straightaway"! I'm so lost by all your policies, procedures and sub standard verification process. If i have know that all the suppose to be helpful advice is not that helpful, i would not have waste 35minutes of waiting just to be direct to the door.

(after all these big wuha speech that i have "shoot" her with, she then started to be really helpful)

Priscilla: alright sir, may i have your other photo IDs that you have for verification
momo: *haiyo! must really force auntie Jamie to talk then you will help me huh?*

(hand over the photo IDs to her)

Priscilla: My apologies that our call centre operator had gave you the wrong information. does the operator sounds like "FILIPIN"?
momo: sort of... i think should be...

... ... She asked me for many things such as what are the type of atm card, my bank transaction (gmarket, paypal, fund transfer, payment) asked until i pek chek also... ... ... but eventually I managed to complete the whole Ibankin application (reactivate my account and requesting the secure device). But I also get to know that, no banking device has been sent to me before. Though I have a Ibank account with them, I have never activate it before. But frankly speaking, I don't remember i apply it before. Why do I have a ibank account and not the secure device?

Anyway, morale of the story! Some things need you to behave like auntie Jamie or even a bad person in order to get things done. AND... NEVER BELIEVE IN FILIPIN! they can never get things right!