At times, an unwanted phone call might became an annoyance. If one call is annoying, then repeated, persistent and irritating calls are a disturbance and nightmare!!! Most of such persistent calls are made by telemarketers, who can call a couple of times in a single week. Prank callers are another example who make persistent calls. Today alone, I have received 9 such irritating persistent calls from an Indian Lady who simply cant understand "WRONG NUMBER!!!!".
The first time that very foreign looking number started to display on my mobile screen, I decided to ignore it. However, after 4 missed called from the same number, I got irritated and picked up the phone. However, as i picked up, the other party hang up the phone. -______-|||
AGAIN! The phone keep ringing, it was till the 6 or 7th time that I decided to answer the call again. The other party spoke "IJCDF:WJEBHBVWELJIKXDBQWIBXIWBXQWLBX" (not sure what she said, but she sounds like a Indian). Since I cant understand a freaking word, I replied very politely "I think you have called the wrong number", and hang up the call. BUT!!! This annoying and irritating bugger continuously called another 2 or 3 times. RRRrrrrrrr!!!!
I picked up again and waited for around 10sec before she spoke "IOWHWJBQIBVDIUWEHUBHVIEUHDOQIWHDOIQHW"...
"WRONG NUMBER! WRONG NUMBER! WRONG NUMBER LAH!"
Another persistent caller that I have came across is some financial planner. She totally freaks me out!
Caller: Hi! Is this James? (a very serious tone, which sounds like a nurse)
me: Yes, I am.
Caller: Glad to talk to you once again, this is..... (forgotten her name, and I don't even bother at all)
me: *huh? since when did I spoke to her before?* Erm... when was it?
Caller: Spoke to you previously regarding to wealth management, and it was Charmaine who introduced you to me.
me: Charmaine? Charmaine Ang you mean?
Caller: No~ it was Charmain Low (still sounded very serious, as if she is calling out to a patient)
me: OH!!! Shermaine you mean? But I have no memory on our conversation.
Caller: Back then I was introduced by Charmaine (she still insist to pronounce my friend's name as CHARMAINE), and get to know you. We were looking for responsible, sensible......... (she got more serious as if i owe her 10 million dollars which I should be responsible and sensible enough to pay her back -_______-||| ) Back but then you have mentioned that you were still in the army, and do not have spare cash to invest. And that is why, I only decided to call you back now.
me: *THIS TOTALLY FREAK ME OUT! During army days? and that was like 4 years liao!!! After 4 years, this monotone and angry tone lady still calls me and pester me for some wealth management thing!* Sorry I really cant recall any of that conversation.
Caller: It's okay. When can we meet?!
me: Errr.... don't think i'm interested to sign any sort of financial plan.
Caller: James, we are not offering you any plan, we would like to provide you with info on wealth management.............. When can we meet?
* At that moment, something flashed in my memory. I RECALLED WHO SHE ACTUALLY WAS!!! A very irritating lady who Shermaine met, and was forced to "surrender" at least some mobile numbers to her! and i was that victim! Started to FUME UP suddenly*
Caller: James, may I know the reasons Why?!!! Are you still pursuing your studies now? (Still talk in a very serious tone and in a more demanding way which i started to piss off)
me: I'm currently working, but I'm not interested in any sort of wealth management or financial planning at the moment.
Caller: Back then you mentioned that you were in the army, and you were not ready to invest as you are not financial stable. So, why arent you interest now? What is the main reason behind this. (talk as if I owe her something lor. She is really poking me and force me to activate that auntie mode)
me: WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE MAIN REASON? I HAVE TOLD YOU I HAVE NO INTEREST IN IT, JUST AS SIMPLE AS THAT!
Caller: Alright then. Do you prefer me to call you another time.
me: -_______-||| NO~ PLEASE DON'T~ I DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOURS AND MY TIME. THANKS!